HOW TO APPLY
- UPSC have developed common Application Form for all their examination
- The Application form contains Information Brochure containing general Instructions to the candidates, an Acknowledgement Card and an envelope for sending the application form.
- The Application form is obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices/Post Offices throughout the country as listed in the notification.
- The Form can be purchased on the payment of Rs.20/-
- The Form can be used only once and for only one examination.
- As the form is computerized, a candidate should take due care to fill up it with the instructions given to them in notification.
- A postal stamp of worth Rs.6/- has to be affixed on the acknowledgement card and send along with application form.
- The filled up Application Form along with Acknowledgement card should be send to the commission in the envelope given to them and mention “Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2010” on the envelop and addressed to “ Secretary,Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi – 110 069.”
- Persons already in Government Service permanently or temporarily are required to inform their Head of Office/Department in writing that they have applied for the Examination.
- If the commission receives any communication from the employer of such candidate about withholding permission to the candidates applying/appearing at the examination, his/her application will be rejected.