News & Events
Today Tnpsc Group1 mains challenge-Millennium Development Goals
What is Millennium Development Goals (MDGs)?
In 2000 General Assembly of UN, 189 nations made a promise to free people from extreme poverty and multiple deprivations. This pledge became the Eight Millennium Development Goals to be achieved by 2015.
1. Eradicate extreme poverty and hunger
2. Achieve universal primary education
3. Promote gender equality and empower women
4. Reduce child mortality
5. Improve Maternal health
6. Combat HIV/AIDs, malaria and other diseases
7. Ensure environmental sustainability
8. Develop a global partnership for development